Sunday, January 3, 2010

13. Two Big Thumbs Up



Here and now we’re doing well with watching films for the course. Also I’ve been keep up to watch some other things.

Recently I watched the film “Lantana (2001)”. Actually it was kinda old movie but anyways I found it interesting as we consider the year of the shot.

The summary of the movie; you shouldn’t be trust in women, also men at all only you can trust in gays?? Yeah that was the first thing that pops into my mind. There is a detective Leon Zat (Anthony La Paglia, I am a great fun of him from the TV serial “Without a Trace”) is cheating on his wife with a woman in the same dance course of him and his wife. (How dare he?). His wife tries to cheat on him ones just to take revenge, but can not succeed. Also there was a missing shrink (Barbara Hershey) whose one patient is Leon’s wife and a gay guy. As the session goes on with the guy Dylan (March Dwyer) Valeria gets suspicious about her husband that he may be seeing Dylan. When Valeria got missing Leon took the case and things start to reveal.

When you watch the film you'll see that everybody has something to hide and some can end up bitterly.
By the way the Dylan’s story will confirmed and it’ll seen that he is honest. There you go, gender in media? How can you interpret this?

For those who want to see more on Lantana, here its theatrical trailer
http://www.spike.com/video/lantana-theatrical/2414583

The poster is retrieved 3 January 2010 from http://www.impawards.com/2001/posters/lantana.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I watched this film all those years ago. It's a fine example of Australian cinema.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I definitely agree with you. I really liked it. Although it's not obvious that I liked it from what I wrote but...:)

    ReplyDelete